Re: Find all the name and alias corresponding to a codepoint in Emacs.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Find all the name and alias corresponding to a codepoint in Emacs.
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:55:26 +0800

On Sat, Mar 12, 2022 at 4:43 PM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2022 at 2:31 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > > From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
> > > Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:54:49 +0800
> > >
> > > Say, for back-tick or grave accent ( ` ) symbol, I want to let Emacs
> > > give me all of its  name and alias, but the `M-x describe-char ` can
> > > only give the following information:
> > >
> > >   name: GRAVE ACCENT
> > >   old-name: SPACING GRAVE
> > >
> > > So, I want to know if it's possible to find all the name and alias
> > > corresponding to a codepoint in Emacs.
> >
> > Right next to the "Character code properties:" heading in the buffer
> > shown by describe-char, there's a button whose title is "customize
> > what to show".  If you click it or press RET on it, you will be shown
> > a buffer where you customize what character properties to display.
>
> Thank you. I see, as shown in the attachment.

Now, I've enabled all the properties defined in "Describe Char Unidata List":

(setq describe-char-unidata-list
      '(name old-name general-category canonical-combining-class
bidi-class decomposition decimal-digit-value digit-value numeric-value
mirrored iso-10646-comment uppercase lowercase titlecase)
      )

But `M-x describe-char ` still gives the following information:

```
             position: 1 of 1 (0%), column: 0
            character: ` (displayed as `) (codepoint 96, #o140, #x60)
              charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
code point in charset: 0x60
               script: latin
               syntax: '     which means: prefix
             category: .:Base, a:ASCII, l:Latin, r:Roman
             to input: type "C-x 8 RET 60" or "C-x 8 RET GRAVE ACCENT"
          buffer code: #x60
            file code: #x60 (encoded by coding system utf-8-unix)
              display: by this font (glyph code):
    ftcrhb:-PfEd-DejaVuSansMono Nerd Font
Mono-regular-normal-normal-*-20-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1 (#x43)

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: GRAVE ACCENT
  old-name: SPACING GRAVE
  general-category: Sk (Symbol, Modifier)
  canonical-combining-class: 0 (Spacing, split, enclosing, reordrant,
and Tibetan subjoined)
  bidi-class: ON (Other Neutrals)
  decomposition: (96) ('`')
  mirrored: N