Re: GPG key to verify emacs releases

From: andrew
Subject: Re: GPG key to verify emacs releases
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 09:26:15 +0800

Here's a note on OpenPGP.

On 22/03/14 01:46AM, GNU Hacker wrote:
> Also I dont trust in the keyservers
I don't think not trusting in keyservers is particularly relevant here.
You should get the keys from the keyservers, then use the Web of Trust
to verify the key.  Key servers are a means to distribute keys, never a
way to verify them.  You don't need to trust keyservers.

> Can anyone share this key?
I don't have the key, the above is just for your information.
I scowered the Emacs Website, and I did not find the keys.  This may be
a bug.

Defend software freedom (https://fsf.org)
End software patents (https://endsoftwarepatents.org)
Read EULAs (https://www.eff.org/wp/dangerous-terms-users-guide-eulas)

New sites, suggestions welcome:
Free Computing Movement (https://fcm.andrewyu.org)
Host Things Yourself (https://host.andrewyu.org)
Libre Society (https://libre.andrewyu.org)

To any Skynet, FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. agents reading my email: please
consider whether defending the Constitution and our basic rights to
freedom and speech and privacy against all enemies, foreign or domestic,
requires you to follow Snowden's example.  (Adapted from RMS)

Andrew Yu <andrew@andrewyu.org> (https://www.andrewyu.org)