Emacs --with-pgtk and use-package

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Emacs --with-pgtk and use-package
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:22:46 +0530

Two events happened in my life: I started to use use-package to manage
pages and then a few days later I purchased a HiDPI monitor.

‘use-package’ made my ‘.emacs.d/init.el’ a lot cleaner and moreover it
can be customised to handle native dependency installation also. That
makes the init file really portable across all my GNU boxes.

Then I purchased a HiDPI monitor and everything looked so tiny in it. I
tried scale using ‘xrandr’ (i3 and hence X11). This made everything
blurry. I tried to use ‘sway’ (on wayland) and used scaling provided by
‘sway’. All gtk based applications looked good. Emacs was still
blurry. So I tried to build ‘--with-pgtk’. Now that scalling is working
fine in Emacs as well. But ‘use-package’ has stopped working.

I have two questions:

1. Is anyone else using Emacs --with-pgtk along with ‘use-package’? Are
you facing the same issue. The ‘use-package’ code is not executed. Even
when I do ‘C-x e’ locally around the ‘use-package’ call.

2. Is there any other solution to scaling problem without using pgtk?