Re: lexical-let void function

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: lexical-let void function
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 00:46:02 +0100

GNU Hacker wrote:

> I find `lexical-let' func in a old emacs script, but it is
> a void function in my emacs version 28.0.92
>
> maybe require it any emacs package?

My intuition tells me to avoid using that ...

Use

  ;;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*-

topmost and then just `let' even tho it's ugly.

Something's up with `lexical-let' ... but don't know what?

But as for what it is, it is

  lexical-let is a Lisp macro in ‘cl.el’.

  (lexical-let BINDINGS BODY)

  Like ‘let’, but lexically scoped.
  The main visible difference is that lambdas inside BODY will
  create lexical closures as in Common Lisp.

  Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 24.3.

That docstring isn't good either BTW as has been mentioned ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal