command-execute: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, wd-ch

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: command-execute: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, wd-char-aliases-show
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:12:03 +0800

I try to load the nice small elisp script character-aliases.el [1],
which can find all the name and alias corresponding to a codepoint in
Emacs, and I put it in the following location on my machine to
leverage straight.el [2] to manage such scripts for convenience:

```
werner@X10DAi-00:~/.emacs.d/straight/repos$ tree -F hongyi-zhao-custom/
hongyi-zhao-custom/
└── character-aliases/
    └── character-aliases.el

1 directory, 1 file
```

According to the guidance here [3]:

> When you use the :commands keyword, it creates autoloads for those commands
> and defers loading of the module until they are used.

I use the following configuration in Emacs `~/.emacs.d/init.el`:

```emacs-lisp
(use-package wd-char-aliases-show
  :straight (:type nil :local-repo "hongyi-zhao-custom/character-aliases")
  :commands wd-char-aliases-show
  )
```

It turns out that the command `wd-char-aliases-show` is available now,
but it still doesn't work, as shown below:

```
command-execute: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory,
wd-char-aliases-show
```

Any hints for fixing this problem?

See here [4] for a related discussion.