Re: Error with tramp-archive-autoload-file-name-handler

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Error with tramp-archive-autoload-file-name-handler
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 03:53:15 +0200

> Of course! My patch avoids several calls of that add-to-list. So I guess
> we can regard the problem as fixed, because the real-life issue is fixed
> for you as well.

Sure - and thanks.

I've found out a bit more background I think:

When I start Emacs, tramp-archive-enabled is t.  But loading
tramp-archive.el sets it to nil (probably because some dependencies are
missing).  I guess that for you it is still t, and that's the reason why
the recipe(s) didn't work for you.

Anyway, when `tramp-archive-autoload-file-name-handler' is present after
tramp-archive-enabled has become nil, it is used and called but doesn't
handle the request (i.e. returns nil).  AFAIU, that was what I have been
seeing.

Michael.