Re: Debug Fortran 90 code in Emacs with arguments.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Debug Fortran 90 code in Emacs with arguments.
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 20:57:50 +0800

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 7:18 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
> > Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 10:27:41 +0800
> >
> > The above code snippet must be run and debug with some arguments, say,
> > as follows:
> >
> > -o 42 -a hello b
> >
> > So, I want to know how to debug Fortran 90 code in Emacs with arguments.
>
> Use GDB via the "M-x gdb" Emacs front-end.

I tried with the following steps, but still failed to figure it out:

1. $ emacs the_fortran_example.f90
2. In Emacs, issue the command `M-x gdb RET`.

At this point, I see the following information:

```
Current directory is ~/temp/FortranProject/bilbao_read/
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 9.2-0ubuntu1~20.04) 9.2
Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
gfotran: No such file or directory.
(gdb) exec-file get_command_argument.f90
"/home/werner/temp/FortranProject/bilbao_read/get_command_argument.f90":
not in executable format: file format not recognized
exit
Undefined command: "exit".  Try "help".
(gdb) q

Debugger finished
[...]