Re: emacs <----> firefox

From: Jonas Damm
Subject: Re: emacs <----> firefox
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 05:58:11 +0200

Hi,

The following is a solution I copied from David Wilsons
"emacs-from-scratch" repository:

You could configure Firefox to open every tab as a new window, for
example by using the "i hate tabs" extension.

I am using exwm, so I have this in my emacs config:

  (defun efs/exwm-update-title ()
    (pcase exwm-class-name
      ("Firefox-esr" (exwm-workspace-rename-buffer (format "Firefox: %s"
exwm-title)))
      ("qutebrowser" (exwm-workspace-rename-buffer (format "Qutebrowser: %s"
exwm-title)))))

You can find out more about this here:
https://github.com/daviwil/emacs-from-scratch/blob/f4918aadf6970b098999d28bdbc212942aa62b80/show-notes/Emacs-Desktop-03.org

With this, you can fuzzy search your tabs by the switch-to-buffer
command or with counsel-switch-to-buffer, which i prefer.