Re: emacs <----> firefox

From: Samuel Banya
Subject: Re: emacs <----> firefox
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:56:52 -0400

Hey Sam,

I don't know if this helps answer your initial buffer list of tabs, but you
might find this package useful as I thought of this, and thought this can only
help your quest to use Emacs and Firefox simultaneously:
https://github.com/tecosaur/emacs-everywhere

Its a cool package by Tecosaur, who helps maintain Org Mode.

I mention this because that user's Emacs config is pretty awesome, and he's on
the level of 'abo abo' where their thought process on how they use Emacs is on
point in the best way possible.

Also, I found this StackOverflow post on 'Firemacs' which is an extension for
Emacs style tab usage as well:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/20748/emacs-keybindings-for-textboxes-in-firefox

This is a post on a person who modified their Firefox to accommodate more Emacs
style bindings:
http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/exercising-software-freedom-on-firefox/

If you like Vim style keybindings, this might be cool to check out:
https://github.com/brookhong/Surfingkeys

Another vim style keybindings Firefox extension I found:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/keyboard-control-for-firefox/?src=api

This is a package for using Emacs keybindings on Linux:
https://github.com/mooz/xkeysnail

This allows you to edit text in an external editor on Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/textern/

Hope that helps!

Sam