merging results from completion-at-point-functions

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: merging results from completion-at-point-functions
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:25:14 +0100

Hello all,

I currently use '(cape-dabbrev cape-ispell cape-dict) as the list for
completion-at-point-functions when writing prose.

I keep trying different orderings of these entries as the behaviour
changes significantly, not surprisingly given the /greedy/ nature of
completing-at-point, if I understand things correctly.  Ideally, I would
like a merged search for potential completions, such as I believe
company-mode does if you group backends.

Is it possible to specify a grouping or merge operation?  Or is there a
generalised capf that does this, I guess?

Thank you,
eric

--
Professor Eric S Fraga, UCL; GnuPG: 0xc89193d8fffcf67d