Re: Problem with TLS when sending emails

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: Problem with TLS when sending emails
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 18:20:33 +0200

Thanks Robert! I changed my init code to

(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com"
      smtpmail-smtp-service 465
      smtpmail-stream-type  'ssl
      smtpmail-debug-info t)

And now it works. A couple of fun facts: indicating as
smtpmail-smtp-service the string "smtps" actually doesn't work, because
my system is not able, apparently, to resolve it. So I had to put the
integer port. Moreover, I also had to add a new line to the
~/.authinfo.gpg file. However, now it properly works. Thank you really
much!

For Leo: thanks for your suggestion, but I'm trying to keep my system as
secure as it's reasonably possible. However, I'll investigate your
suggestion about using Gnus.

Thanks to both!