Re: Indentation with spaces

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: Indentation with spaces
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 00:56:55 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, June 11th, 2022 at 6:53 AM, Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org>
wrote:

> tomas wrote:
>
> > I prefer to not talk to anyone calling others "idiots".
> > For whatever reason.
>

> It conveys a super-immature impression, whenever that word
> comes up one stops immediately to think/care what is being
> said or discussed and instead thinks "okay, so it's that
> bad?".

I was referring to the design of python.  It is more visually appealing and
beginner friendly.  But relying on braces and semicolons make the design of
algorithms a lot more maintainable, and for big projects much more useful.

Few people truly grasp the way algorithms could be compared.  Many people do
not bother, and just focus on an implementation that seems to work, or on
algorithms they are most used to and understand.