Re: Indentation with spaces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Indentation with spaces
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 11:26:58 +0300

> From: Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org>
> Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 09:44:49 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> >> I am aware than emacs had dabbled on proportional fonts but
> >> not for programming though.
> >
> > Emacs has done nothing of the sorts, please stop the
> > insinuations. This is being worked on as Emacs development
> > progresses, and is already better in latest Emacs versions.
>
> Why is Emacs always falling behind? Is it something internal
> or should one put all the blame one the developers?

First, I don't think "always" is correct, let alone accurate.

Where we do fall behind in significant ways its IMO due to lack of
resources and the fact that the Emacs development is not really
"governed", at least not when major development directions are
considered.  Developers basically do what they like.