Re: Problem with defining a background color by variable

From: suzee
Subject: Re: Problem with defining a background color by variable
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:41:31 +0200

On 12.06.22 11:16, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I'd be happy to understand the error message though to gain some
knowledge about elisp.  Any idea about that?

I think it's because of the quoting: the entire list is quoted, so the
value of mycolor is not evaluated.  You need to use a smarter quoting,
something like

    `((t (:background ,mycolor)))

Ah yeah that works.  I still have to get my head around the quoting.

Thanks for your help!  Problem solved :]