Re: How to use emacs as a "diff3 -m" compatible merge tool?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: How to use emacs as a "diff3 -m" compatible merge tool?
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 13:31:43 +0200

    Michael> Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:
    >> Thanks, I will have a look.  Do I understand it correctly that your
    >> answer is specifically about the emacsclient case?

    Michael> Yes.

    >> But how do I print buffer contents to emacs' stdout?

    Michael> I don't know.

With any of the methods to run emacs non-interactively, eg

    emacs -Q --script FILE

any calls to `message' in FILE will go to stdout, so

    (with-current-buffer "mybuffer" (message "%s" (buffer-string)))

should do.

If youʼre using emacsclient, you can write to std*err* using
`external-debugging-output':

    (print "My interesting contents" #'external-debugging-output)

Robert