Re: Netiquette is way to go

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: Netiquette is way to go
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 09:18:24 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Monday, June 13th, 2022 at 7:43 PM, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> * Po Lu luangruo@yahoo.com [2022-06-13 10:18]:
>
> > Because you did not ask about automatic indentation. From the point of
> > view of everyone except you, you were asking how to adapt the Emacs
> > Fortran indentation rules to your (legacy) code, and not how to disable
> > automatic indentation.

No, was not asking how to adapt indentation rules to legacy code.
I asked how to stop the removal of tabs from previous line after hitting
return.  The previous line was legacy code I did not want to touch.  Had no
idea about electric-indent.  The "help" I got was that of Eli, bragging about
how powerful and customisable emacs is and how it does not make sense disabling
automatic indentation.
Even though mentioning electric-indent-mode would have solved my problem so
that I can continue with what I need to do.

Refraining from telling me because according to emacs aficionados I am an idiot
to turn indentation tools off, and that they know better is preposterous.  Then
wonder how it happens that others begin to use linguistic profanities upon the
community's sacred gurus.  Basically it is because I am now an old fart and
have encountered enough bullshit that I can became equally mad with resorting
to alcoholism or taking drugs, if I had been a young boy.