Re: Netiquette is way to go

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Netiquette is way to go
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 14:48:22 +0300

> Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 09:18:24 +0000
> From: goncholden <goncholden@protonmail.com>
> Cc: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
> help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> I asked how to stop the removal of tabs from previous line after hitting
> return.  The previous line was legacy code I did not want to touch.  Had no
> idea about electric-indent.  The "help" I got was that of Eli, bragging about
> how powerful and customisable emacs is and how it does not make sense
> disabling automatic indentation.

Lies and insinuations.

Anyone who wants an independent opinion of my "help" is invited to
read the archives of this thread.

> Even though mentioning electric-indent-mode would have solved my problem so
> that I can continue with what I need to do.

You never explained your problem well enough for me to understand that
the problem was with the previous line.  You talked about pressing TAB
that mysteriously caused tab characters to be deleted, and about your
need to have TAB insert a literal tab character.