Re: functions to download mailing list archives

From: Óscar Fuentes
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 00:09:38 +0200

GH <project@gnuhacker.org> writes:

> Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:
>> What I was suggesting was something like this:
>
>> (defun lists-mbox-recursive-url-list (url-list)
>>   (dolist (url url-list)
>>     ;; get the url's content
>
> yes, but the problem now is to get the urls, all mbox archive urls

You already solved that problem on your previous code, didn't you? On my
proposed variant it works the same.

>>     ;; do wathever you want with the url's content (save it, ...)
>>     ;; for each URL of interest inside the content:
>>       ;; The `t' at the end of add-to-list means to append the new element:
>>       (add-to-list 'url-list new-url t)))
>
>> (lists-mbox-recursive-url-list (list "https://lists.gnu.org/whatever";))
>
> I use recursion to get urls

No, you use recursion to process the pages pointed by the urls you got
from a given page.

Now, instead of recursion you add the urls to a list, which acts as a
queue, and get the urls to be processed from that list at the same time
you add new urls to the end of the list.