Re: How to get full value of variable during edebug function tracing?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to get full value of variable during edebug function tracing?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 11:22:30 +0300

* Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> [2022-06-18 08:42]:
> That's what I do, too, but it's kinda cumbersome, isn't it?  So I've now
> made `C-u e' in edebug in Emacs 29 pop up a new buffer and pretty-print
> the value.

Thank you, that is good solution in sight. I have tried it.

I was always using C-x C-e to evaluate last expression, why not
include that also with C-u, becase that one automatically knows what
to evaluate.

While when I press only "e" I get the prompt "Edebug eval: " and then
I need to enter name of variable making it more work than C-x C-e

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman