Re: completing-read depricated initial-input

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: completing-read depricated initial-input
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 11:09:52 +0800

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> I agree that there are cases where INITIAL-INPUT still has its place,
> but as I said, I remember the reason for phasing it out was different
> than stylistic preferences.

What other reason can there be?  I can't think of any non-stylistic
reason to discourage using that argument.

If you think it is counterproductive to insert some initial value into
the minibuffer itself, then by all means recommend against using it.

But don't obsolete the means of doing so.  You do not have a place in
dictating how users write their Lisp programs.