Re: completing-read depricated initial-input

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: completing-read depricated initial-input
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 08:45:35 +0000

On June 21, 2022 2:56:59 PM UTC, Anders Munch <ajm@flonidan.dk> wrote:
>carlmarcos wrote:
>> New users do not usually know many keybinding sequences such as `M-n`
>to show `DEF`.
>
>I'm not sure why an old user would know M-n either.   It's not very
>discoverable.

It is in manual for mining history, as long time Emacs user I am using this so
often, every day, together with M-p, and I even forgot how I learned it.

Reason that I maybe use it more then average users is that my Dynamic Knowledge
Repository  handes database backed selections, for example choice of a country,
or language.

Jean