Re: completing-read depricated initial-input

From: Anders Munch
Subject: Re: completing-read depricated initial-input
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 10:02:07 +0000

Jean Louis wrote:
> It is in manual for mining history, as long time Emacs user I am using this
> so often, every day, together with M-p, and I even forgot how I learned it.

Mining?  Oh, you mean minibuffer history, section 8.5, I suppose that was an
autocorrect?  That is some kind of discoverable, I guess, but a weak one.

Trying it out, I can't seem to come up with any minibuffer-using commands where
this "future history" contains anything useful, so I guess that explains why I
never memorised the feature.  xref-find-definitions is especially weird: It
walks through most or maybe all of the symbols in my TAGS file in something
like the order they are found in the file.  Anyone know what's up with that?

regards, Anders