vc-next-action or vc-dir, optionally allows to change the user?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: vc-next-action or vc-dir, optionally allows to change the user?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:20:32 +0200

Hi

Recently I have to commit (using hg,  but this should be irrelevant here)
changes as another user, so usually I tried

(defun my-set-new-user ()
  "Set the user for the commit and ChangLog entries to new user."
  (interactive)
  (setq user-full-name "James Bond")
  (setq add-log-full-name "James Bond")
  (setq user-mail-address "007@mi6.co.uk")
  (setq add-log-mailing-address "007@mi6.co.uk")
  (message "Now changes are registered as JB"))

But it did not help.

Any idea how to change the user and email address for the  commit
message?

I can commit explicitly from the command line as a new user, but that is
a bit cumbersome.

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.