Re: vc-next-action or vc-dir, optionally allows to change the user?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: vc-next-action or vc-dir, optionally allows to change the user?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 16:36:24 +0300

On 24.06.2022 16:20, Uwe Brauer wrote:

Hi

Recently I have to commit (using hg,  but this should be irrelevant here)
changes as another user, so usually I tried

(defun my-set-new-user ()
   "Set the user for the commit and ChangLog entries to new user."
   (interactive)
   (setq user-full-name "James Bond")
   (setq add-log-full-name "James Bond")
   (setq user-mail-address"007@mi6.co.uk")
   (setq add-log-mailing-address"007@mi6.co.uk")
   (message "Now changes are registered as JB"))

But it did not help.

Any idea how to change the user and email address for the  commit
message?

I can commit explicitly from the command line as a new user, but that is
a bit cumbersome.

Regards

Uwe Brauer

Try adding the "Author:" header at the top when writing the commit message.