[culprit found] (was: [a bug, with log-edit-setup-add-author?])

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [culprit found] (was: [a bug, with log-edit-setup-add-author?])
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 17:24:07 +0200

>>> "UB" == Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>>> "DG" == Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:
>> On 24.06.2022 17:26, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>>> Thanks that works, however if want to say commit three or 4 changes
>>> this way, it would be nice to have this a bit more automatised.

>> I would suggest using 'M-p' to pre-fill the previous contents of the
>> Log-Edit buffer when writing the subsequent ones.

> This is cool, thanks I was not aware that I can use M-p actually to
> insert an older message I thought this is mainly for displaying.

> One last thing so:

> When using

> (setq log-edit-setup-add-author t)

> Then the log-edit-buffer looks like

> I find this a bit contra-intuitive and inconvenient.

> I think it should be

Here is the culprit:

(defun log-edit-insert-message-template ()
  "Insert the default VC commit log template with Summary and Author."
  (interactive)
  (when (or (called-interactively-p 'interactive)
            (log-edit-empty-buffer-p))
    (insert "Summary: ")
    (when log-edit-setup-add-author
      (insert "\nAuthor: "))
    (insert "\n\n")
    (message-position-point)))

I think it should be the other way around I will try to bring this up on the
devel list.

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.