Re: completing-read depricated initial-input

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: completing-read depricated initial-input
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 20:54:21 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> Initial value is usable as it is visible and makes it easier
> to make the choice, but it is not necessarily default.
>
> My personal example is that some people have one address in
> Germany, other in Austria, but one of those addresses is
> default (this word now has no relation to Emacs). If letter
> has been sent last 2 times to Austria, system can recognize
> it and offer such as initial input.

That's something similar to a cache memory which is based on
the principle of spacial and temporal proximity, I still don't
see why whatever suggestion it comes up with isn't then the
default value simply?

It is shown and if you want to edit it first, it is inserted
with M-n.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal