Select/highlight and *copy* matches of some regex

From: Joost
Subject: Select/highlight and *copy* matches of some regex
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 17:52:48 +0200

Hi all,

I've been looking for at least an hour for something that my Sublime-using
colleagues seem to be able to do out of the box... Highlight all matches of
some regex in the current buffer and then copy/kill *all* of those matches so
that you can yank them in a new buffer.

The first part, highlighting all matches, is not a problem. But I haven't found
a way yet to then extract all matches.

I've also looked for third-party packages, but haven't been able to find
anything. I read a few times that `multiple-cursors` can kill all matches as a
rectangle, so that you can use `yank-rectangle`, but I haven't been able to
make that work.

So what am I overlooking here? I mean, there *must* be a way, right?

TIA,

Joost

--
Joost Kremers