Re: Stop Gnus word-wrapping (plain text) messages

From: Sergey Organov
Subject: Re: Stop Gnus word-wrapping (plain text) messages
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 13:09:59 +0300

Daniel Martín <mardani29@yahoo.es> writes:

> Sergey Organov <sorganov@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Normally that follows the value of `truncate-lines', though.
>>
>> Does not seem to be the case, at least in my version of Gnus, according
>> to its doc-line: " Value of ‘truncate-lines’ in Gnus Article buffer".
>>
>> What I observe though is word wrap in Gnus Article buffers, as opposed to
>> truncation/continuation. Still can't figure what does it. Any ideas?
>>

> Check out the variables gnus-article-fill-long-lines,

No such variable in my Gnus v5.13, but you gave me a hint where to look,
and I've finally found the culprit:

Hide Gnus Treat Fill Long Lines: Value Menu Predicate: (typep "text/plain")
    State : STANDARD.

gnus-treat-fill-long-lines is a variable defined in ‘gnus-art.el’.
Its value is (typep "text/plain")

Thank you guys for your help!

-- Sergey Organov