Re: Emacs freezes again when I try to open a file including only one ver

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Emacs freezes again when I try to open a file including only one very long line.
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:52:54 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> But you are asking questions that are not relevant to what this
> feature does.  This feature prevents Emacs from freezing when you
> visit such files.  That is all it does.  As I tried explaining several
> times already.

Would it be more sensible to do something different than showing the
partially redisplayed window with a non-blinking cursor?  Even if Emacs
successfully aborted redisplay and everything is good, people might
think Emacs is still frozen because it looks frozen. That's what
happened to me: I thought the feature wouldn't work with my config for
some reason, until I tried to select a different window and then - ah! -
that actually works!  But it took some time...

Yes, I saw the warning window pop up, but it still just looked frozen
anyway.

Michael.