Re: Imposible to set :weight Light for a font

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Imposible to set :weight Light for a font
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 18:53:22 +0300

> Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 15:40:10 +0000 (UTC)
> From: ypuntot <ypuntot@gmail.com>
>
> I can't set ":weight Light" for a font.
>

> If I set it using the "Menu, Options, Set Default font, Cascadia Mono - style
> Light"; the text in the buffer changes correctly;
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/htZ4rL2w/1.jpg
>
> but in the init.el the :family changes into "Cascadia Mono Light".
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/VL3Dbp8H/2.jpg
>
> When restarting, it seems that family "Cascadia Mono Light" doesn't exist, so
> the default font family changes by itself into "Frank Ruhl Hofshi".
>
> In the customization buffer family is "Frank Ruhl Hofshi",
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/y8Kg3yDz/3.jpg
>
> but in the init.el family is "Cascadia Mono Light".
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/XqFqpr3J/4.jpg

On what OS is this?  If it's MS-Windows, then the 'light' weight is
not really supported, because the Windows API that enumerate fonts of
a given family don't consider 'light' to belong to the family.  They
only recognize 'regular', 'bold', 'italic', and 'bold-italic' as
members of the same font family.