Re: Should prefix variable be used in function argument list

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Should prefix variable be used in function argument list
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 20:09:47 +0200

> All arguments that have a nil they can take on and that
> makes sense, all those cand be optional if they appear to
> the right of the last argument from that isn't optional.
> What will happen it will just be nil which.

*which will then be used. (zzz :))

You can also check and see if it's nil and, if so, set it to
something else. This can be used to give it a default value,
one can have one for interactive use, and one for
non-interactive, or the same for both.

Here OTOH it's not an shame to one's family to do differently,
on the contrary that can make a lot of sense. E.g.,
interactively the default can be (point) if that feels
intuitive, while non-interactively that would be better set to
(point-min).

Again see this file and I'm happy to add more/better
examples ...

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/dwim.el

--
underground experts united