RE: [External] : Re: Operating the HIST feature of completing-read

From: carlmarcos
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Operating the HIST feature of completing-read
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 03:16:14 +0200 (CEST)

Jul 12, 2022, 16:40 by drew.adams@oracle.com:

>> Does the history remember the user input associated
>> with each specific completing-read call?
>>

> Only each specific history variable.
>
> If each `completing-read' (or `read-from-minibuffer'
> or whatever) call used a different history variable
> then the answer to your question would be yes.

Have done as suggested

(defvar myhist nil
  "Stores previous minibuffer inputs so the user can reuse them.")

  (let* ( (cseq '("bracemk" "expression" "extended" "mixed" "hlsexp" "disable"))
          (csel  (completing-read "Glowvis: " cseq nil t "mixed" myhist
"extended"))

When I go through the list in the minibuffer I am also getting the variable
myhist
showing up but its value stays nil.