Re: Placement of list within an interactive clause

From: carlmarcos
Subject: Re: Placement of list within an interactive clause
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 23:22:36 +0200 (CEST)

Jul 15, 2022, 21:03 by bugs@gnu.support:

> * Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2022-07-15 13:33]:
>
>> You can call it within lisp code for sure.  With interactive to set function
>> arguments, you are also correct.  In the broader context of considering
>> any input from minibuffer as user interactive, it could make some
>> problems.
>>

> Do you realise that "read-from-minibuffer" is not function declared
> (interactive) and is not a command, it cannot be placed on a key, or
> called from M-x, but it asks user to interact with minibuffer.
>
> --
> Jean

Yes, I realise that.  I see that (interactive) is misleading.  Although
"read-from-minibuffer"
cannot be called from M-x, it still asks for input through the minibuffer.
Notwithstanding
that normal programming language code does not customarily lead to user input
during
run-time, particularly when automation is pursued.