Re: Advice for changing-theme-function for GNU/Linux system

From: Jonas Damm
Subject: Re: Advice for changing-theme-function for GNU/Linux system
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 11:05:56 +0200

Thank you, that put me in the right direction.

I am having a little trouble though. I can successfully change the
Firefox-Theme, without restarting the application, which is awesome.
However my GTK applications like Evince do not change their theme. Not
even by restarting them.

I am running the xfsettingsd with the --sm-client-disable option and
then change the theme with this command:

xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Net/ThemeName -s "Adwaita-dark"

Any Idea why that is?

Maybe I need the gnome-settings-daemon? But this one seems to have been
split into many small daemons, and i can't find documentation on how to
use them..

Thanks,
Jonas