Re: global-whitespace style and activation

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: global-whitespace style and activation
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 13:10:23 +0000

carlmarcos--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Have been somewhat perplexed on setting the style for
> `global-whitespace-mode`.  Looks as if the style has to be set before
> enabling the mode.  Usually one would not have access to the mode
> variables if the mode is not yet enabled.

Only if you only load by autoloading.  If you require 'whitespace, you
should have access to the user options.  But unless the options you are
interested have custom setter functions (which from what I see is not
the case), you can also just set the default value before calling
`global-whitespace-mode', and it should work just as well.