Re: Secondary filtering with occur

From: Arch Mux
Subject: Re: Secondary filtering with occur
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 08:32:09 -0500

> Archmux <archmux@stemux.com> writes:
>
>> Dear Emacs Help,
>>
>> I need to filter the results of `find-name-dired' programmatically.
>
> May I ask how your use case looks like?  Can you maybe just use
> `find-dired' instead of `find-name-dired'?
>
> Michael.

My apologies for the belated response. I have been intensively configuring GNU
Emacs incorrectly.

Thanks to your statement about `find-dired', I realized my usage of
`find-name-dired' is unnecessary because it redundantly filters by name using
`occur'.

I need to locate a package file, for Exherbo Linux, with the extension
of '.exheres-0' or '.exlib' within the directory
'~/Internet/Git/Exherbo/Remote/'.

The current implementation with `find-dired':

""""""
(defun archmux/exherbo-cd ()
  "Find exheres."
  (interactive
   (let* (
          (exherbo_directory    "~/Internet/Git/Exherbo/Remote/")
          (exheres_user_input   (read-from-minibuffer "Exheres to locate: "))
          (find-pattern         (concat "-name " exheres_user_input "*"))
          (find-ls-option       '("-type f -ls" . ""))
          )
     (find-dired exherbo_directory find-pattern)
     )
   )
  )
""""""