Re: problems with better-registers: turn-off-all-minor modes or remove a

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: problems with better-registers: turn-off-all-minor modes or remove all text-properties
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 05:59:57 +0200

> Could you please be more specific - what's the problem?  As Stefan said,
> text properties are normally not a problem in this case.

Ok, after reading again what you had posted in emacs-dev, I saw your
string contained unreadable properties.  Your string contained a button,
for example.

What I would do is to advice `set-register' to strip unreadable
properties from any stringp value.  Or just strip text properties if you
don't want them anyway.  That's better than trying to work around that
problem.

Michael.