Executing function only if another function is defined

From: carlmarcos
Subject: Executing function only if another function is defined
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 13:35:15 +0200 (CEST)

The following function appends additional text to the `docstring' of the
function `toucan'.

Because it may be possible that some functions are not available (e.g. during
testing or debugging phases), I would like to test whether the function
`toucan' has been defined before I call `docboost'.  What can I do?

(defun toucan-usage ()
  "TODO"

  (docboost 'toucan "Usage Information"))