Stenography with emacs

From: carlmarcos
Subject: Stenography with emacs
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 01:37:23 +0200 (CEST)

I would like to write a conversion package to change english text to brief
stenographic text.

For instance, modify `like` with `lk`, and `there` with `tr`.  But be able to
revert back to the original.  Perhaps something similar to
`prettify-symbols-mode` for tex and latex language.  As far as I am aware
`prettify-symbols-mode` can only handle a single glyph replacement rather than
multiple characters required for stenographic replacement.  Conversely, going
back to the original tex commands, am bit unsure whether
`prettify-symbols-mode` remembers the original text or simply does another
replacement from the glyph.