programmatically make window full length but not change width

From: Mickey Ferguson
Subject: programmatically make window full length but not change width
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:56:45 -0700

I'm trying to figure out how to generate what happens when I have my emacs
window open and I double-click on the top edge of the window.  Say I'm
working in notepad.  (The horror!)  I double-click on the top edge of the
window (not the title area, but the very edge, when the mouse pointer
changes to an up/down arrow), and the window resizes to the very top and
very bottom of the desktop, while maintaining the width it had.  (This is
how it differentiates from double-clicking on the title bar of the window,
which just maximizes the window.)

Or, if there is a simple function that does this, that would be even
better.  I just want the simplest way to make my window full length -
something I could put in my .emacs or code into a function that can be
bound to a keyboard operation.

--

*For more information on how and why we collect your personal
information, please visit our Privacy Policy