Re: Setting debug-on-error and debug-ignored-errors

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Setting debug-on-error and debug-ignored-errors
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 06:03:00 +0200

carlmarcos--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

>> Launch Emacs as `emacs --debug-init'.
>
> Ok, I get the backtrace. Is there an elisp command that
> makes possible to force --debug-init from my emacs file?

Interesting question, since that's the file to be debugged ...

Do you launch Emacs manually by typing 'emacs'? If so, you can
make a shell alias, say, 'emd', for 'emacs --debug-init' ...

I don't know what implications --debug-init have if there's
no error?

Indeed, why don't one always want it?

--
underground experts united