Re: Get rid of new popup box from reftex - how?

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Get rid of new popup box from reftex - how?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 20:38:11 +0100

    >> I notice that emacs-29.0.5 presents me with a popup confirmation
    >> dialog box whenever I use reftex to save a local bibtex file. How
    >> can I get back to receiving the confirmation message in the
    >> emacs' echo buffer? This used to be the procedure up to and
    >> including emacs-28.1. Why the change? For me, popups are a
    >> nuisance since they often involve having to use the mouse and can
    >> get lost in full-screen emacs.
    >>

    > Do you have (setq use-dialog-box nil)?

No. That works - thanks - but I am curious. I've had the use-dialog-box
set to t in the past but reftex on emacs-28.1 did not present me with a
popup box. It only happens in emacs-29.0.5. I can't find anything
relevant in the git logs so I don't know when or if the popup behaviour
changed in reftex.

Thanks again

Best wishes.