Re: Printing text in a buffer

From: carlmarcos
Subject: Re: Printing text in a buffer
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 02:18:56 +0200 (CEST)

Jul 30, 2022, 23:39 by incal@dataswamp.org:

> carlmarcos--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
>> But I want to have lines and paragraph fill up to particular
>> column with something like `(fill-paragraph)'. How can such
>> thing be implemented?
>>

> I feels like I'm so close to the answer but ... I don't know.
> What is it?

For instance, suppose I have

(defvar version-license
You can redistribute exact copies of Typex or modify it under
the terms of the Gnu Affero General Public License as published
by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License,
or (at your option) any later version.)

which will print the paragraph as it is, when using

(with-current-buffer typex
(insert version-license))

With last word on each line being printed as last word on each line in buffer
name `typex'.

It does not write the text as a paragraph according to maximum column as with
`fill-paragraph'.