Re: [External] : programmatically make window full length but not change

From: Mickey Ferguson
Subject: Re: [External] : programmatically make window full length but not change width
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:26:11 -0700

Thank you, Drew.  After downloading the frame-cmds.el, I also needed
frame-fns.el to allow things to compile.  One other tweak I needed, since
my windows toolbar is at the bottom of the screen, I needed to add:

(setq window-mgr-title-bar-pixel-height '175)

This made it size correctly on my laptop.  However, if I connect to my
remote desktop computer, using either VNC or Remote Desktop Connection,
then that sizing is incorrect.  It seemed to be around 60 for that
computer.  Oh, and each of these computers have a 1920x1080 display
setting, if that makes any difference.

Is this a setting that needs to be set individually for each computer?  If
so, that's getting outside of what I would know how to do, since my goal is
to have a single .emacs file for all of the computers where I work.  Maybe
it would be a registry setting or environment variable, for which I could
easily have each computer have its own customized setting, and then the
.emacs would get that env var or reg value on startup?

I do appreciate the timely and quality help you provide.

*Mickey Ferguson*

--

*For more information on how and why we collect your personal
information, please visit our Privacy Policy