Trouble getting the daemon thread online.

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Trouble getting the daemon thread online.
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 10:36:14 +1200

It seems that I was correct in assuming Emacs 28.1
is running a daemon thread.  With the new GNU Version I am having trouble
emacs.

When I type

$emacs

at the command prompt, it starts up Emacs but then after 6
seconds of loading it terminates itsel f.

When I type emacsclient -c it says the following message.

/snap/emacs/1609/usr/bin/emacsclient: can't find socket; have you started
the server?
/snap/emacs/1609/usr/bin/emacsclient: To start the server in Emacs, type
"M-x server-start".
/snap/emacs/1609/usr/bin/emacsclient: No socket or alternate editor.
Please use:

--socket-name
--server-file      (or environment variable EMACS_SERVER_FILE)
--alternate-editor (or environment variable ALTERNATE_EDITOR)