Re: Handling non-interactive use with faces

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Handling non-interactive use with faces
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 01:17:01 +0200

uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> writes:

> > carlmarcos--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Are you identical with carlmarcos?

> > Do you have concrete questions about `cond'? If not, the answer and my
> > suggestion is: learn a little bit more Elisp.

> It was your suggestion that there is no need to combine pcase and
> cond.  I cannot read your mind and sending me to read a manual until I
> figure it out is not tho way to follow your idea so I can scrutinise
> it.

No need to read my mind, using "cond" is absolutely trivial in this
case, unless you have some kind of misunderstanding (thus my question
about concrete questions) or you still need to learn a basic level
Elisp.

Since you expect people spending their free time to answer questions,
they can expect that you spend at least a minimum of time to understand
how to code Elisp.

And I think our time is spent more effectively if you "read the manual
and figure it out" than when I write it for you.

Feel free to ignore my advice and wait for other answers - just my
personal opinion (and I'm also lazy).

Michael.