Re: Apply replacement on word occurring at point using a lisp function

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Apply replacement on word occurring at point using a lisp function
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 14:17:54 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, August 13th, 2022 at 10:24 AM, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> * uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me [2022-08-13 00:00]:
>
> > Jean, I have written the words as examples. But really wanted a
> > general scheme for replacements based on specified rules
> > (e.g. initial matches of cog changed to k), rather than using actual
> > words.
>

> You have not presented definition of your general rule and I do not
> have the library M-x telepathy-mode to know what you mean.
>
> --
> Jean

Your original defun "change-word-at-point" does the job.  Using a regex as you
did was good but did not want to go along your second path of matching exact
words, as matching words would entail going through the contents of the
dictionary
and finding the words that match a rule (words starting with "cor").