Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 09:39:14 -0400

>> Could you make it easier to use a wider character, rather than figuring
>> a character that looks like a vertical line, but is wider.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the question (if it is a question).

I think he's asking if there's a way to change the thickness by
increasing the size of the character but only horizontally (and
presumably without increasing the surrounding whitespace to the same
extent).

IIRC there (used to be?) a way to specify a resize matrix as part of
a font specification, which I used at some point in `xterm` in order to
replace my trusty bitmap misc-fixed font with a vectorized font (and
thus gain anti-aliasing) while keeping the exact same size of the
character cells.  That would be sufficient to resize horizontally, but
it would also resize the surrounding whitespace, so it's probably
not sufficient.

        Stefan