Re: Looping lists through mapcar

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Looping lists through mapcar
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 22:13:44 +0300

* uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> [2022-08-23 15:18]:

> I would like to pass a number of alists in the form assoc-table-N so that I
> can store data
> in another list named `nscrip'.   Would like to manage the lists without
> having to list them
> individually.  My idea has been to use mapcar, but the scheme has not worked
> out, and the lists
> are net being passed through the loop.

I find it difficult to understand your above description. I got
the idea that you wish to name alists such as assoc-table-1,
assoc-table-2 and that you put those symbols in a new list.

;; (dolist (aggr (list (mapcar #'construct-assoc-table
;;                             (number-sequence 1 8))))
;;   (setq rplc (cdr (assoc word aggr)))
;;   (unless (null rplc)
;;     (add-to-list 'nscrip
;;               (replace-regexp-in-string word rplc word))))

I cannot understand the above.

Do this: {C-h f add-to-list RET} and find quote there:

"This is handy to add some elements to configuration variables,
but please do not abuse it in Elisp code, where you are usually
better off using ‘push’ or ‘cl-pushnew’."

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman