Re: cdlatex-mode in emacs

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: cdlatex-mode in emacs
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 10:08:40 +0200

Aug 25, 2022, 06:33 by eliz@gnu.org:

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 06:20:09 +0000
From: uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 03:20:04 +0000
From: uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me

Does anybody know when cdlatex-mode was introduced into Emacs? I am using Emacs
27.2

There's no cdlatex-mode in Emacs, only org-cdlatex-mode.
Is there texmathp.el in emacs, which is a Gnu Package.

No, not in Emacs.

It is part of AUCTeX which is a Gnu Package.  It comes with Emacs Support for
writing
Latex Files.  Could the functionality be included in Emacs.  cdlatex-mode is
useful for
rapid writing latex templates and symbols rapidly.

Could improve using tex-mode and latex-mode immensely in Emacs.

AUCTeX is on GNU Elpa, and cdlatex is on NonGNU Elpa, so both can be directly installed with the package manager. In my opinion, it is the right place for such packages, rather than emacs core: this way they can release new versions without having to wait for the emacs release cycle. (See: org-mode)

tex-mode and latex-mode are extremely basic modes in comparison, I don't know anybody using them. And it's unfortunate that they preempted the tex- and latex- namespaces, forcing AUCTeX to capitalize its mode names and variables -- but I digress.

Best wishes,

Thibaut